- Year Built: 1977
- Trans: Choose an item
- Fuel Type: Gas
The Fiat Abarth 131 was a very successful group 4 rally car, winning the manufacturers’ World Rally Championship three times: in 1977, 1978, and in 1980 (The same as the Rally Stratos). With this car Markku Alen won the 1978 FIA Cup for Drivers and Walter Röhrl won the 1980 drivers’ World Rally Championship. Between 1976 and 1981 the Fiat 131 won 20 WRC events; other notable drivers were Sandro Munari, Timo Salonen, Attilio Bettega and Michèle Mouton.
Between 1975 and 1977 the official “works” cars carried the Olio Fiat blue and yellow livery, then during 1978 and 1979 seasons they were sponsored by Italian airline Alitalia and bore their distinctive red, white and green livery.
This is a fully original and authentic well known ex works Fiat 131 Abarth with Antonio Zanini. This car finished second at the European rally championship and was Spanish rally champion with the great driver Antonio Zanini. The so called B-2528-CV is one of the most important ex works Fiat 131 Abarth cars of its era. The car is in great rally driving conditions and can be inspected and tested upon request.
This specific car won:
- in 1978 was SPANISH RALLY CHAMPION and won almost every rally, among others we can find criteriums Montseny-Guilleries y Luis de Baviera, rally Maspalomas, Fallas, Rally of Poland, and RAC (rally of Catalunya). It also took place at the rally of Cyprus and Rally RACE.
- In 1979 it was EUROPEAN VICE RALLY CHAMPION and also won the Costa Brava rally, the Rally of Poland and the Rally of Bulgaria. it also took place at the Rally of Cyprus.
This car comes with a clear original title and a very transparent and clear history.
Zanini won, among others, the following championships:
- European Rally vice Champion 1979 (Fiat 131 Abarth)
- European Rally Champion 1980 (Porsche 911)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1974 (Seat 1430/1800)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1975 (Seat 1430/1800)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1976 (Seat 1430/1800)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1977 (Seat 124/1800)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1978 (Fiat 131 Abarth)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1980 (Porsche 911 SC)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1982 (Talbot Sumbean Lotus)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1983 (Talbot Sumbean Lotus)
- Spanish Rally Champion 1984 (Ferrari 308 GTB)
- Spanish Gravel Rally Champion 1984 (Talbot)
World Rally Championship event victories:
Fiat Abarth 131s recorded victories in the following World Rally Championship events:
1 Finland 26th 1000 Lakes Rally 1976 Finland Markku Alén Finland Ilkka Kivimäki
2 Portugal 10o Rallye de Portugal Vinho do Porto 1977 Finland Markku Alén Finland Ilkka Kivimäki
3 New Zealand 8th South Pacific Rally 1977 Italy Fulvio Bacchelli Italy Francesco Rossetti
4 Canada 5ème Critérium Molson du Québec 1977 Finland Timo Salonen Finland Seppo Harjanne
5 Italy 19o Rallye Sanremo 1977 France Jean-Claude Andruet France Christian Delferrier
6 France 21ème Tour de Corse 1977 France Bernard Darniche France Alain Mahé
7 Portugal 11º Rallye de Portugal Vinho do Porto 1978 Finland Markku Alén Finland Ilkka Kivimäki
8 Greece 25th Acropolis Rally 1978 Germany Walter Röhrl Germany Christian Geistdörfer
9 Poland 38 Rajd Polski 1978 Spain ANTONIO ZANINI Spain Juan Petisco
10 Finland 28th 1000 Lakes Rally 1978 Finland Markku Alén Finland Ilkka Kivimäki
11 Canada 6ème Critérium Molson du Québec 1978 Germany Walter Röhrl Germany Christian Geistdörfer
12 France 37ème Tour de France Automobile 1978 France Michèle Mouton France Françoise Conconi
13 France 22ème Tour de Corse 1978 France Bernard Darniche France Alain Mahé
14 Finland 29th 1000 Lakes Rally 1979 Finland Markku Alén Finland Ilkka Kivimäki
15 Monaco 48ème Rallye Automobile de Monte-Carlo 1980 Germany Walter Röhrl Germany Christian Geistdörfer
16 Portugal 14o Rallye de Portugal Vinho do Porto 1980 Germany Walter Röhrl Germany Christian Geistdörfer
17 Argentina 2o Rally Codasur 1980 Germany Walter Röhrl Germany Christian Geistdörfer
18 Finland 30th 1000 Lakes Rally 1980 Finland Markku Alén Finland Ilkka Kivimäki
19 Italy 22o Rallye Sanremo 1980 Germany Walter Röhrl Germany Christian Geistdörfer
20 Portugal 15º Rallye de Portugal Vinho do Porto 1981 Finland Markku Alén Finland Ilkka Kivimäki
We recommend Antonio Zanini’s web site: http://www.antoniozanini.com/palmares/
in 1980, after having achieved the above mentioned generous score with the works team Zanini/Petisco, the factory sold the car to a well know local rally driver called Fombona, who is still active rallying today.
This is the list of rally drivers who owned and drove the car after its official works team:
- Fombona/ L. Menendez (Rally Team)
- Aladino Martinez (El Pibe) (Rally Team)
- J. Gonzalez/ S. Marcos (Rally Team)
- M. Ortega (Rally Team)
- Colom/Escayola (Rally Team)
- Medina (Classic car collector)
- S. Cañizares (Rally Team)
- Paco Ramos (The Classic Road)
We recommend the following videos: